Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is different than trainers which are physical. This will focus on the software aspect.

Apps i will be revisiting:
Trainerroad (Mobie)
Cycle ops Virtual trainer

New apps:
Road grand tours
kinomapp
perfpro (new to me)

Apps i wont review at this point:
Zwift - i have exhausted this app too much, meaning its not worth a formal review but i will continue to use it.

Side note: I now have bluetooth capable sensors so i can do training app reviews on mobile and cpu platforms.

If you have training program that you feel i should take a look at let me know in this thread.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You neglected to include Sufferfest.
I have tried a few of there work outs on trainer road, last year. I really don't think there app is worthy enough for a trial. As you can use it on trainerroad with the video integration. The workouts seem great, the app is just not that impressive.

·
Registered
20,781 Posts
I have tried a few of there work outs on trainer road, last year. I really don't think there app is worthy enough for a trial. As you can use it on trainerroad with the video integration. The workouts seem great, the app is just not that impressive.
:rolleyes: lol So you haven't even used it but ruled it out. Yet your reviews "will focus on the software aspect"

Rather than asking people "If you have training program that you feel i should take a look at let me know in this thread."... why don't you list all the apps you've already refused to look at.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:rolleyes: lol So you haven't even used it but ruled it out. Yet your reviews "will focus on the software aspect"

Rather than asking people "If you have training program that you feel i should take a look at let me know in this thread."... why don't you list all the apps you've already refused to look at.
I refuse to take a second look at bkool, that app was just abysmal period.

And the only reason why i have ruled it out is that it is so close to trainerroad there is a ton of overlap. Yes i have had had the installed on my computer at one point last year. Yes i did try it, but because you have the library available on trainerroad a better app than sufferfest, sufferfest as app is just not worth it.

I tried a lot of different apps when i first got my kickr.
Tour de giro - was god awful
velo reality- no library
Wahoo fitness - as this really didn't provide much interactivity and only used to control as means for your device

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
What's so wrong with it? I actually use it a lot and like but in all fairness I haven't tried that many apps so I can't compare.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Sufferfest JUST released a new windows app (it was already out for IPAD), and an online subscription service that gives you access to most (if not all) of their videos.

in otherwords, Sufferfest is no longer just a video you ride to. It's an online training platform similar to trainer road and training peaks. They have 'plans' you can follow, etc...

https://thesufferfest.com/pages/app

·
Registered
4,987 Posts

He is saying it's a Jane Fonda workout video in a sea of actual technology. He is reviewing products that are a light year ahead of Jane Fonda workout videos. Look, I like Sufferfest, but I did carve the videos out of stone with a chisel compared to what is available now. Miles behind Pitt's tech cut. So 5 minutes ago...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A small problem with road grand tours.

Since i use a kickr as my power source, it can not detect an external cadence sensor. It just assumes that it will use the cadence sensor from the crank. Also there is no sound at all on the app. I sent a help ticket, to add external cadence sensor.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pitt... You are on the express route to burn yourself out again.... Just throwing it out there so next time you create a post about it, you can reference back..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pitt... You are on the express route to burn yourself out again.... Just throwing it out there so next time you create a post about it, you can reference back..
I am planning to take a full month off in feburary. Meaning no trainer time in feburary.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not a bad idea. Just mix in some outdoor riding too. I know you live in an unsafe bike area but just get out.
I get out on the weekend, i try to get out one or 2 days. And in the winter i will be making use of my cx bike so i don't beat my road bike up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts