Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's goin on a bike ride?

Well, even better, who's going out to suffer on the bike? Make that bad conditions, hard ride, long ride, etc.

I'm keen on goin on a nice ride today. Maybe there'll be rain too since the sky looks dark now. :thumbsup:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
not tomorrow, but today's ride was a hard ride with a frickin headwind that felt worse then the climbs and sometimes they were at the same time.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
I did a hard 88 mile ride on in the flats and on narrow, twisting roads. I came to the realization that I still suck. Hats off to the Paris Roubaix riders.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Easter promises horrible weather

in my neck of the woods. But I am intending to ride: come hell or high water. I have gone out three nights in a row now, with far too much alcohol - and at my age this was probably not a good idea. I think I need a cold, wet ride tomorrow to atone for my sins this weekend (that would be my pesky Catholic upbringing speaking). Maybe I will go cycle up a mountain or something.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from a ride. I was soooo hopeful that it was gonna rain buckets but as always, when I hope for it, it doesn't. Stopped at the LBS' branch (same owner, they split their staff) to chat for a bit and inquire on stuff and then went on a ride.

Since my legs felt good, I decided to crank it a little bit and when I came to a long stretch along the coastal route, I did go into a TT like effort to catch the guy who was a few hundred yards ahead and man, that guy was laying it once I got near.

Was a pretty good effort though since that gave me a good workout. Then of course, some idjuct had to pass the both of us and ride away a little. That was when I decided to really try and crank it up. Managed to catch the first guy who was in his clip ons and then caught up with the second guy.

Thank goodness they both turned off soon since I couldn't keep the pace up. Rode at my own pace and alternated with some quicker efforts.

Overall, good ride but it was only a short 90+minutes ride though. I liked some of the sections I rode through that truly felt like my wrists were gonna come off.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
uzziefly said:
Who's goin on a bike ride?

Well, even better, who's going out to suffer on the bike? Make that bad conditions, hard ride, long ride, etc.

I'm keen on goin on a nice ride today. Maybe there'll be rain too since the sky looks dark now. :thumbsup:
I'm going out. 47f and windy. I'll prob suffer cause I'm kind of out of shape

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
4+ hours yesterday on the tandem, with some gravel and lots of skinny little backroads. fun ride. today, probably not quite so long.

Boonen is a stud. If he were to ask for my daughter's hand in mawwiage, I would grant it.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
I've been sick for a week now but, today I'm just gonna do 20
on the fixie before I have to do the family thing . . . ugg.

<3 Paris Roubaix . . . . As usual, I'll be in for Hincapie--good luck!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JetSpeed said:
I've been sick for a week now but, today I'm just gonna do 20
on the fixie before I have to do the family thing . . . ugg.

<3 Paris Roubaix . . . . As usual, I'll be in for Hincapie--good luck!
The race is over fwiw.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Creakyknees said:
4+ hours yesterday on the tandem, with some gravel and lots of skinny little backroads. fun ride. today, probably not quite so long.

Boonen is a stud. If he were to ask for my hand in mawwiage, I would elope with him.
Fixed.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
Creakyknees said:

Boonen is a stud. If he were to ask for my daughter's hand in mawwiage, I would grant it.
Wow, sounds like an exciting race!

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Yea, I know but, I'm afraid to look!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I SHOULD have gone out with my old school Lotto jersey on. Instead, I popped a Mucinex D and played PS2. Colds are teh suXX. Anyone tape/record PR and want to send me a copy? Plz?:p

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
We had a crap ride today. Windy, though not really that bad, and we just weren't up for it. We originally planned to do 40-50 miles, but wound up with 27 miles, with the last 10 feeling like we really wanted to be home already.

Just one of those days. I'll probably be all hot to kick my ass tomorrow or something.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yea. The fact that the wind was howling didn't exactly urge me to go out, even tho it was sunny.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
After fun with the outlaws (must be an Illinois thing), I did a quick ride around the neighborhood. Does riding on a street called Paris count? A lot of our roads here look worse than the cobbles too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts