Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I would prefer to avoid an eccentric bottom bracket. What are my options? What wheels should I consider?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
gobes said:
Fisher Presidio or Erwin and remove some extra parts.
Unfortunately, the OP wants disc brakes.

OP- you may have a hard time finding both non-EBB single speed and disc in the same frame. A lot of custom builders do it with sliders (like on the aforementioned Presidio/Erwin) but it seems like there are few big companies doing sscx at all, much less non-EBB and disc.
Which is more important to you? It'd be easy enough to find a used Poprad or La Cruz, then build a rear wheel with a White Industries eccentric hub, and use their eccentric disc adapter.

Los

·
Registered
40 Posts
Redline has their Conquest Classic, but I think it will require a tensioner. The Origin8 might as well be built out of concrete.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Rykoh said:
Is the frame as much of a boat anchor as the specs would indicate (5.6 lbs or something to that effect)? I'd love to see a picture of your build.

5.6 lbs with a steel fork isn't that heavy if the fork weight is included.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rykoh said:
Is the frame as much of a boat anchor as the specs would indicate (5.6 lbs or something to that effect)? I'd love to see a picture of your build.

Yes it's a boat anchor but a very comfortable one. Did a few dirt road rides with the bike and I love it. Plush and stable and I had it up to 40 mph. I think the 5.6 # includes the fork. It's cheap and versatile. The trade off is weight. Unfortunately I don't own a camera but the set up is 105 STI, 105 front and rear derailluers, Ritchey stem and Salsa bar, TruVativ 46-34 square taper crank with IRD bb and TruVativ seat post with Aliante saddle. Wheelset is Cane Creek Volos (heavy).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts