Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really happy to see this happening in my daughters' lifetime. It's cool to see them have so many strong women to look up to in so many sports and professions. I have become a big Megan Guarnier fan and will be pulling for Boels Doelmans next year.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
That's my niece, Megan! Folks, she is such a nice, sweet person. Very smart, too. Excellent role model. She had a great shot at the gold medal at the olympics, but the team went with another strategy that did not quite pay off.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Too bad the UCI made the women's WorldTour impossible to watch this year. Nothing online or on Eurosport 99% of the time.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's my niece, Megan! Folks, she is such a nice, sweet person. Very smart, too. Excellent role model. She had a great shot at the gold medal at the olympics, but the team went with another strategy that did not quite pay off.
Very cool.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for posting that, it was a very well done interview and summary of the women's season. I watched the women's stages of the TOC this year, it was excellent racing!

Congratulations to Megan! I am curious if her Uncle Ferd played a role in her development as a rider?

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Cyclingnews is filled with stuff about the new Women's World Tour - that's progress folks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
There can be nothing bad about this. I am now a huge fan of Megan. Now, if we can only get them greater TV coverage.....

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Thanks for posting that, it was a very well done interview and summary of the women's season. I watched the women's stages of the TOC this year, it was excellent racing!

Congratulations to Megan! I am curious if her Uncle Ferd played a role in her development as a rider?
Yeah, she watched me and did the opposite! About the most I helped her was when she and her husband stayed with us outside L.A., while doing a weeklong series of track races at the Carson Velodrome. She ended up helping me by putting me right up to the inside of the track with a photographer credential!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts