Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced indexing problems using dry chain lube/wax on 2010 Chorus 11 Speed? The gears worked perfectly for the first 100 miles but now aren't indexing properly when the chain is on the big front ring. The only difference is that I have been using dry wax chain lube. Everything possible has been checked. Could the dry lube on the chain be causing this? Thanks very much in advance for any replies.

· Born Again Cyclist
112 Posts
I have the Athena Group and found that I needed to adjust everything again after about the same mileage. I now have almost 800 miles and everything is still OK. This is my first Campagnolo experience and have found that the adjustments have to be 'spot on' to index properly in all the gears . I also found that the rear derailleur will tend to hang a little if not kept clean and well lubed with a very light lubricant.

· Road-Guy
39 Posts
Check the tension adjustment..

Check the tension adjustment setting which is made at the bottom of the cage pivot on the rear derailleur. When your chain is on the small chainring and the large sprocket, the distance between the upper jockey pulley and the large sprocket should be 7mm. This is in the manual that was packaged with the rear derailleur. I needed to reset mine after a only 100 miles. Shifting became crisp and clean.

I hope this solves your problem.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clifford Feldman said:
Check the tension adjustment setting which is made at the bottom of the cage pivot on the rear derailleur. When your chain is on the small chainring and the large sprocket, the distance between the upper jockey pulley and the large sprocket should be 7mm. This is in the manual that was packaged with the rear derailleur. I needed to reset mine after a only 100 miles. Shifting became crisp and clean.

I hope this solves your problem.
Thanks for your replies Cruisinscoot and Clifford. Yes, everything has been checked as per the manual many times. The only thing I can think of is the dry/wax lube I'm using now. Will have to try it with a wet lube and see if ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.