Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Me likey, me likey lots. How much does such a thing of indescribable beauty go for? I'm guessing somewhere around way more than I have.

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
IF lists $5500 for thier "XS" frameset. Thats a more custom singlespeed version with ultra polished Ti (vrs shot peen) so I would expect a bit more....if they ever make more than one.

IF will make you one with thier name on it if not I suppose....

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
I don't know.

ChuckUni said:
Those gradients are driving me nuts though! Take the time for nice pics and then add or screw up the background gradient!

Very nice otherwise.
I always assume that if someone takes and displays photos like that they ended up with just exactly the results they wanted. Otherwise why go to the bother?

OTOH you could well be right, if you are it is a shame....

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
MB1 said:
I always assume that if someone takes and displays photos like that they ended up with just exactly the results they wanted. Otherwise why go to the bother?

OTOH you could well be right, if you are it is a shame....

It's possible I guess. If I did that when I was in school I would have been yelled at!

If it was deliberate, I think they made a bad decision for otherwise awesome photos. My eyes go right to those lines in the gradient. It could also be they used less colors in the gradient to make the file size smaller. Kinda like what happens when you over Jpeg something....although that doesn't appear to be the product of a jpeg. Maybe the over correction of an 8bit file however.

techie techie.....

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
also.....I kinda doubt it would have been the photographer.

I've taken the time to produce images before only to have them screwed up later by other people outside of my control......then printed with my name on em. :mad:

rambling now....sorry!

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
I went back and looked at those photos.

ChuckUni said:
also.....I kinda doubt it would have been the photographer.

I've taken the time to produce images before only to have them screwed up later by other people outside of my control......then printed with my name on em. :mad:

rambling now....sorry!
My conclusions;

1) That background is so strongly graduated that it can only be deliberate or a total FU. Probably latter.

2) Sweet ride.

3) I suspect that it is the site that messed up the photos provided by Phil (Brant works at Phil) by resizing and reducing the resolution for posting on the web.

4) If it isn't a sweet ride it sure is a sweet look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unclear to me all the negativity on the photos--IMHO, the best bike photos i have seen, hands down, of the one of the best bikes, made to date. Feel free to disabuse me with BETTER photos, of BETTER bikes.
Thanks to all the positive posters, good luck to all the poser posters!
You should see all the negativity at FGG forum--I will laugh thinking about it as i ride this beauty across Amurica
Fixed and dilated,
mOjO

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh let them have their fun, they're just a bunch of anal retentive photographers. You should see how they are over at the car detailing forum, the most well-kept cars you've ever seen and they always find the smallest thing wrong with it. It's a beauty of a bike, and I bet it rides very nicely too, best of luck on the Big Fix, sounds like a good time.

·
Polka Power
1,348 Posts
dr.mojo said:
Unclear to me all the negativity on the photos--IMHO, the best bike photos i have seen, hands down, of the one of the best bikes, made to date. Feel free to disabuse me with BETTER photos, of BETTER bikes.
Thanks to all the positive posters, good luck to all the poser posters!
You should see all the negativity at FGG forum--I will laugh thinking about it as i ride this beauty across Amurica
Fixed and dilated,
mOjO

Woa there.

I think if you read the posts you will see that MB1 and I were discussing the gradient in the background of some of your pictures. I feel it RUINS some of the pictures and is misguided. If you also read my post you will see that I thought it was a post production foul up somewhere along the lines and that I really like your bike.

But A: get over yourself that ain't the best bike ever made. It's incredibly nice...yes. But really. Check out MB1s bike please

and B: I'm not a photo poser and I don't think MB1 would call himself that either.

Once again good luck on your ride....and have fun with the bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MB1 said:
My conclusions;

1) That background is so strongly graduated that it can only be deliberate or a total FU. Probably latter.

3) I suspect that it is the site that messed up the photos provided by Phil (Brant works at Phil) by resizing and reducing the resolution for posting on the web.
Indeed, when they were resized by FGG it jacked them up.
Now it is bothering me too so I'll see if I can resize and then he can replace them on FGG...

Thanks for the props on the bike.
Nice bike for a great cause.
Brent

·
Registered
167 Posts
Time to chime in.
Plain and simple. If you are going to take all of that time to create a masterpiece of a bike; then photograph it properly. Poor photographs not only dishonor the work involved in the project, but as ChuckU pointed out, they actually DETRACT/DISTRACT from the piece. Obviously for someone who makes a living off of these items, that is exactly what you do NOT want.
Case and point - most women that we have damp dreams about are horrid in the 'flesh' - but are the stuff that dreams are made out of in photo. Imagine how these images would look if the proper thought were put into them ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.