Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone happens to know where I can get a 27.5/650B Road Disc wheelset....

I'm willing to overlook weight (this will be for a commuter bike) but the wheels need to be 11spd road compatible...which I'm finding is difficult to find in inexpensive house-brand wheelsets at the online retailers.

Anybody have any leads that I should know about??

Thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but the problem still persists....there are lots of 650b MTB wheelsets on ebay but next to none that will take an 11spd road cassette unfortunately!

·
Registered
734 Posts
"Inexpensive" and "HED Rims" don't normally coexist, but if you want to run higher-ish road tire pressures, they're the best choice on the market. You're +/- $300 by the time you've bought the rims, but you can get a good set of hubs for +/- $175, and then spokes of whatever flavor you want and you're not much over $500 if you build them yourself.

Pacenti Brevet is more of a retro rim that can work well and is 2/3 the price of the HED rims.

650b for road isn't a very well populated product category. It will probably get crowded in short order, but for now those are the two best rim options I know of.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
"Inexpensive" and "HED Rims" don't normally coexist, but if you want to run higher-ish road tire pressures, they're the best choice on the market. You're +/- $300 by the time you've bought the rims, but you can get a good set of hubs for +/- $175, and then spokes of whatever flavor you want and you're not much over $500 if you build them yourself.

Pacenti Brevet is more of a retro rim that can work well and is 2/3 the price of the HED rims.

650b for road isn't a very well populated product category. It will probably get crowded in short order, but for now those are the two best rim options I know of.
Add to the list Grand Bois and VO Diagonale which look similar to the Brevets but weigh more, cost less and are not tubeless ready..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts