Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a very simple computer with cadence. I use a Garmin 301 forerunner for the basics for running as well as cycling, but I want to work on keeping my cadence up. There is so many. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
453 Posts
Performance had a few computers with cadence features for ~$25. You might look there.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Watch

A watch works well for me. Count your pedal strokes for ten seconds and multiply by six.

If you want a computer displaying cadence I would strongly recommend the Cateye Astrale 8. Cateye makes reliable computers and I just installed one of these on my wifes bike.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Second the F2

I have two of them and interchange them on all my bikes (5) just by using the separate wiring harness which is less than $15. Mine are going on 4 years old and work perfectly. You can get either a regular harness that reads speed/distance off the front wheel or the trainer model for rear wheel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cateye Astrale 8

I've have two of these (one on each road bike). Not only do they show cadence, but since they are inexpensive, they track the total mileage I have on the bike to let me know when its time for maintenance.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Cateye Astrale 8's one of the much better ones you can get out there..
Or you could try the Trek incite 9 or 11i..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.