Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Pretty simple ingredients list, you could make your own and really customize it. Try just malto based plus sugar (carbo gain is a malto product you can buy easily) use lo salt (or nacl and no salt)for na K, add your ca and mg and BCAAs. I would add caffeine though. Vita cost is a good source the basics. The liquid drink flavors like Mio etc are great for flavoring.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty simple ingredients list, you could make your own and really customize it. Try just malto based plus sugar (carbo gain is a malto product you can buy easily) use lo salt (or nacl and no salt)for na K, add your ca and mg and BCAAs. I would add caffeine though. Vita cost is a good source the basics. The liquid drink flavors like Mio etc are great for flavoring.
Thanks but I'm not looking to make it, just looking for someone that has actually used it to give me their opinion.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I haven't actually used it myself. However, I can provide some testimony from my teammates. The race endurance MTB events (NUE series). They converted to Infinit in an attempt to reduce stopping at checkpoints to eat. They use Infinit almost exclusively for these events. They report that they haven't needed to stop at eat (once they dialed in their formula) and save a good deal of time by only consuming Infinit for the race. Another friend tried it for the first time on a recent 65+ mile MTB (mostly single track) ride and said he never felt hungry or thirsty for the entire ride. This was a unique experience for him as he usually eats everything in site at a SAG and/or when he gets home from a ride.

From listening to comments from friends and teammates, I think it seems like a good product for long/endurance events, but not shorter events. The benefit seems to be from continually supplying your body with carbs, protein, H2O, and electrolytes compared to bolus dosing with bottles (They sip the Infinit from a Camelback every 5-10 minutes or so). Feedback on shorter rides/races seems to be marginal.

My suggestion is to bite the bullet (a bit expensive) and see what you think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.