Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am wanting to buy a new Infinito CV but I'm having trouble deciding between a 53 or 55cm. My last three bikes have had 545mm effective top tubes and I really feel that they have fit me perfectly. I ran a 110 stem on the Madone I had but I'm running a 100mm stem on the Supersix Evo I have now and it feels great. The 55cm Infinito would be half a centimeter longer while the 53cm would be a full centimeter shorter but I could go back to a 110 or even a 120mm stem. Has anyone dealt with a similar choice dilemma? I don't have access to test ride so I need to be pretty confident before ordering. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wound up getting a chance to ride a slightly used 53cm Infinito as a long term demo bike. I've been on it for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting used to it. I've got a 120mm stem on it but I'd still like to swap the compact rings out for the 53-39 I'm used to or possible try 52-36. I also need to swap the bars for 42cm instead of the 40cm that are on it. I also got a chance to do a short ride last weekend on a 55cm to compare and it felt on the big side so I think the 53 is going to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts