Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Apa kabar?
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to road cycling and wanting to find out some information on what the difference and requirements are for the different racing categories. I know that beginners like myself start off in the Cat 5, but that is about it. I did one race last year and just entered the category that my age fell in (20-29). This year I was planning on getting into racing, and I was just curious to find out how to score points, how many points are needed to drop categories, etc. I just finished playing collegiate basketball and loved the thrill and the competition that the race I did provided. Thanks in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
B-Fun said:
Hi all, new to road cycling and wanting to find out some information on what the difference and requirements are for the different racing categories. I know that beginners like myself start off in the Cat 5, but that is about it. I did one race last year and just entered the category that my age fell in (20-29). This year I was planning on getting into racing, and I was just curious to find out how to score points, how many points are needed to drop categories, etc. I just finished playing collegiate basketball and loved the thrill and the competition that the race I did provided. Thanks in advance for all the help!
You should also read through the rulebook at http://www.usacycling.org/forms/USCF_Rulebook.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts