Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around at the jagwire inline cable adjusters online and some of the websites claim they are for derailleur use only, while others seem to imply that they can be used for brake or shifter cables (Bikeman.com for one).
So needless to say, I'm a tad confused. There do not appear to be two different versions of the jagwire cable adjusters. These are the model I am looking at.

· Registered
125 Posts
onrhodes said:
I've been looking around at the jagwire inline cable adjusters online and some of the websites claim they are for derailleur use only, while others seem to imply that they can be used for brake or shifter cables
I bet you is do to Liability issues more than anything, since is you lose a shift or two is no big deal, but if you brakes become far to slack (if the adjusters fail) you can get in big trouble pronto.

I even use this adjuster for my tandem brakes (for the last two years) and I never encounter any problems, wonderful and simple design.

ps: just install them close to the bars (and/or the shifter body) so they are less prone to shake and bounce,.

· Registered
170 Posts
I use this, which isn't the Jagwire but works pretty well. I have one for each brake, as I run 3 different sets of wheels, none of which have the same rim diameter, and this little gizmo makes the process pretty quick when I swap. Goole "bicycle inline cable adjuster," or have your shop order from QPB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.