Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did that once! I had an old Schwinn MTB that was too big for me, but I rode it anyway. I worked in an agricultural parts store, and we had some parts stored in a building on the next lot. So I parked the bike there, zip-tied an old milk crate to the rear rack, and when I needed an oil filter, I would jump on my bike, dart up there, get the filter, throw it in the crate and coast back. Worked pretty good.....looked pretty lame! At least I didn't have to walk.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowmo1 said:
I did that once! I had an old Schwinn MTB that was too big for me, but I rode it anyway. I worked in an agricultural parts store, and we had some parts stored in a building on the next lot. So I parked the bike there, zip-tied an old milk crate to the rear rack, and when I needed an oil filter, I would jump on my bike, dart up there, get the filter, throw it in the crate and coast back. Worked pretty good.....looked pretty lame! At least I didn't have to walk.
I did it a number of times and helped a friend rig one to his moped as well. Just thought it was funny that this guy is selling a milk crate bike rack online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.