Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sports-related company I work for has asked me to compile a list of the top supported multi-day bike tours in North America. I've ridden Ride the Rockies and Bicycle Tour of Colorado and would probably include those. I'd appreciate any suggestions, opinions and experiences you've had with other tours.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Cycle Oregon

I think it makes sense to categorize them by size & relative luxury (camping on ground vs hotels). For large (2000 riders) tenting rides, Cycle Oregon is great. The organization and support are flawless. The roads and course selections are dialed in just right. There's live music on stage and a beer garden every night. And it's all not-for-profit for a foundation that supports rural development improvements.

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
A source

Won4theroad said:
A sports-related company I work for has asked me to compile a list of the top supported multi-day bike tours in North America. I've ridden Ride the Rockies and Bicycle Tour of Colorado and would probably include those. I'd appreciate any suggestions, opinions and experiences you've had with other tours.
Defining "top" gets very subjective very quickly. What may really please one type of rider might just pi$$ off somebody else. However, if you go to adventurecycling.org and click on the Cyclists' Yellow Pages link, you will be able to access a data base of nearly 500 tour operators. You can sort them by area, so picking North America will give you a pretty good list to start from. How to get the top tours from that is your challenge. Also, there is a web site that lists a lot of event hosts: www.bikecenturies.com/Links.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts