Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got sent this video, thought i'd share it, it's part of a race called the skyway bike ride in the Twin cities...that's right an entire bike race indoors...check it out:
http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Finally, a practical use for all those Westfield Shoppingtowns!

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
beantownbiker said:
just got sent this video, thought i'd share it, it's part of a race called the skyway bike ride in the Twin cities...that's right an entire bike race indoors...check it out:
http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]
There are miles and miles of skyways in the Twin Cities... makes the streets look empty. Strange that it looks sponsored by Red Bull... I don't recall that they allowed wheels in the skyways.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
That's way too dangerous for me. I kept looking at all that plate glass :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't really see the need for the DH bike to be honest, and the dude easily could rolled up the first part of the steps at the end. But regardless looks like a fun ride, anybody know how ti get involved?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It was an invite only event. Someone on my team was invited. I think it surprised a lot of people that they were able to pull it off. They originally wanted to do it in Minneapolis, but they said no. St. Paul on the other hand was enthusiastic, but then again their skyway system on weekday evenings are probably a lot less busy than in Minneapolis. It generated a lot of local media attention, with just about every local TV station doing a story on it.

Most people showed up with mountain bikes, and a few with DH type bikes. But a handful of more roadie-ish types showed up with cyclocross bikes, and they pretty much stomped the competition. The guy who won is well known local Jay "Hollywood" Henderson, former singlespeed world champion and owner of Hollywood cycles. He put together a special bike for the event, which was a combination of cross and time trial setup. I'm sure many people lost time having to haul 28 lb. bikes down and up a stairway, but a few actually rode down the stairway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts