Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,331 Posts
my experience

lextek said:
What insoles are people using. I've been considering Superfeet or Soles. I've dealt with Achilles Tendonitis from running. Using Sidi Genius shoes.
I currently am usig Superfeet Green. I tried the thinner cycling-targeted Superfeet version but it did not offer enough arch support. I have also tried the heat moldable Sole Slim. It worked OK but I do not think the heat modable feature really added any value

· Registered
246 Posts
DaveG said:
I currently am usig Superfeet Green. I tried the thinner cycling-targeted Superfeet version but it did not offer enough arch support. I have also tried the heat moldable Sole Slim. It worked OK but I do not think the heat modable feature really added any value
i also have one of these heat moldable insole. regretted having them.

· Registered
2,420 Posts
Wait, is this the third insole thread in a few days? I feel like I've made the same post a bunch of times lately.

Sidi Genius 6.6 2007 model. Put up with the stock insole for two years, plenty of sore feet issues. Now use Super Feet yellow insoles and I'm a very happy cyclist. No numbness, no soreness. It did take some playing around with the straps though - for me, I needed to leave my shoes pretty loose or I'd still get sore feet. I think the contours of them are more pronounced than the flat, silly Sidi stock ones, which are like a piece of cardboard. With how technical their shoes are, the stock insoles almost seem like an inside joke from the Italians;)

· Registered
1,272 Posts
With how technical their shoes are, the stock insoles almost seem like an inside joke from the Italians;)[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what I've been thinking. I've been using the ergo 2 carbon lites for about 2 months. For what they cost, the stock insoles are an embarrassment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.