Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Chris King headset that I would like to stall on a new frame. I have the Park cup press (HHP-2), but not the King adapters. I obviously don't want to ruin a new headset doing something stupid, but I would save the $30 dollars on the adapters if it doesn't really make a difference. Has anyone had good or bad experience trying this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Pressing in Chris King headsets

bikephilly said:
I have a new Chris King headset that I would like to stall on a new frame. I have the Park cup press (HHP-2), but not the King adapters.
If you don't have the King adapters, just remove all the adapters and use the flat faces of the press. The press won't be self-centering, so you'll have to line up the press shaft manually, which is not that difficult. I've installed several Chris King headsets this way, and had no problem.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Mark McM said:
If you don't have the King adapters, just remove all the adapters and use the flat faces of the press. The press won't be self-centering, so you'll have to line up the press shaft manually, which is not that difficult. I've installed several Chris King headsets this way, and had no problem.
I put mine in this way without problems (though we did have to be careful about the centering, as Mark said).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts