Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of taking a trip to Las Vegas to check out the Interbike customer appreciation day. I'm not in the bike business, so to get to see this trade show would be cool.
Has anyone ever been (I believe they had a day open to the public last year)? It's on Friday, the last day of Interbike, so I'm not sure if most vendors stay around or if some bail and head home since it's basically showing to the public, but no sales.
What do you guys think? I'm just interested in checking out new gear and like-minded folk.

Customer Appreciation | Cycling Industry News | Interbike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Interbike is pretty lame, IMO. Most vendors I've talked to are not fans of the new Friday customer day. They're ready to roll - either to leave or gamble.

That said, there's only one way to find out for yourself.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
If you like bikes and are willing to travel to a show, NAHBS is the better option.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,564 Posts
Pretty much everyone I know in the industry (and myself included when I was on 'that' side) hate Friday. You'be been at the show for 4-5 days already if you included set-up. You've been to meetings, dinners, breakfasts, missed lunches and talked to countless shop people for days. You're tired and ready to go home. You finally reach the last day of the show and they decide to turn the public loose on you. I understand there are tons of people not in the industry that are very excited about getting an inside view of things but it's bad enough to answer the same questions over and over for people that actually work in shops, but when you have to do it for people w/ even less knowledge...it gets annoying.

If you go don't ask to buy anything unless it's obviously for sale, and don't ask for a deal on anything.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty much everyone I know in the industry (and myself included when I was on 'that' side) hate Friday. You'be been at the show for 4-5 days already if you included set-up. You've been to meetings, dinners, breakfasts, missed lunches and talked to countless shop people for days. You're tired and ready to go home. You finally reach the last day of the show and they decide to turn the public loose on you. I understand there are tons of people not in the industry that are very excited about getting an inside view of things but it's bad enough to answer the same questions over and over for people that actually work in shops, but when you have to do it for people w/ even less knowledge...it gets annoying.

If you go don't ask to buy anything unless it's obviously for sale, and don't ask for a deal on anything.
Thanks CX and everyone, that's kind of what I thought. I may still go as I had planned to be in Las Vegas anyway.
Do some of the vendors leave early (i.e. Friday)?
Btw, I have been to NAHBS (the year it was in Austin) and that was really cool. It's always great to see new and interesting gear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts