Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was taking a nice evening ride on the rollers, when all of a sudden one of the plastic end caps on the back roller broke and everything instantly ground to a halt. Needless to say, this scared the living crap out of me, but no permanent damage to rider or bike. The rollers were Minoura Actionmags that I purchased on ebay several years ago, and are probably over 10 years old.

Has anyone ever had this happen?

Ordered a new set of Kreitlers this morning, I hope they are as good as everyone says.

·
Endorphin Junkie
203 Posts
I've a set of Minoura Action Mags...

that are about that age and have been used by both me and my now-ex husband every winter. So far, nothing like that has happened, but I'm sure going to take a close look at mine!

Kathy

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I had the rubber band break on my Kreitlers after about twelve years of use. I thought it was kind of fun. Not much can happen to you if your rear wheel or drum locks up, but I wonder what would happen if the front drum or wheel were to lock up. You don't have any momentum so I'm guessing nothing much would happen. I have heard on this site of someone being killed when they fell off their rollers and hit their head, so make sure you have a nice place to land on either side of you (in my case I'd either fall into the washing machine or a collection of drying racks, laundry baskets and cardboard boxes, and I don't think either would be fatal).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts