Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the bike shop yesterday, and spoke with their bike tech. I've been having some setup issues with my Bianchi and needed some advice. Since I started riding again I've been having pain in my rear. I couldn't get a proper saddle angle to save my life, so I called my new friends at my LBS and he told me to bring in my bike and he'd take a look. I strolled through the door with my bike and the tech (Ari) knew right off what my problem was. Apparently after a few years the gel in saddles lose moisture. We looked at a few other saddles to compare the "softness" of gel and sure enough my gel was hard as a rock. I might as well have been sitting on a brick. The LBS I used to go to closed down a few years ago and I haven't been able to find a good one until now. They let me test ride 4 different saddles until I found one that not only didn't hurt but made the existing pain go away! Man I'm happy.

All of that to say I bought a new saddle! I got the Fi'zi:k Aliante Gamma Twin Flex. Couldn't be happier. It cost me $160 after tax. I'm hoping I got a good deal.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Peanya said:
I would say you did. You got a saddle that works for you, regardless if you paid a couple of dollars more - you got the service that's priceless.
+1:thumbsup:

2 hands, 2 feet, one butt
those are your only contact points that interface with your bike. Make sure they are all comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.