Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to BiciRace.com article

There are some good quotes and photos from Basso and the other Italians on BiciRace.com. They are from the start of the Milano-Torino... Funny ...

Here is part...
Arriving last to the sign-in stage was the day's huge attraction: Ivan Basso. If you squinted your eyes you could almost see the Marshall stacks and flames firing from the Gazzetta dello Sport stage - Basso is the rock-star of Italian cycling. Il Varesino was happy but looked a little nervous at all the deserved attention from the tifosi and media.
Basso and the Tifosi

"I am happy to see all the tifosi here in Milano for the beginning of my season," said Basso with a smile. "I am going for the Giro and Tour but today it will be just putting kilometers in the legs." Next week Basso will start in the Tirreno-Adriatico, "It will be tough this year with the climb to Monti della Laga and the crono."

https://www.bicirace.com/news/special/20060304MilanoTorino.html

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
the cops pulled over

the CSC squad (full team support vehicles etc..) for taking up the road while they were training in Tuscany (near Riis's home). Ivan went upto explain and they said something like "Nevermind, carry-on. Mr Basso needs the training!"

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I guess Discovery had some issues as well

in Solvang. I'm sure without Lance they got more of a hassle than they would have.
CSC had a camp near Riis'shome when this went down. Basso was 'ahead of schedule' and Bobby J though very strong is saying his season is focus'd on getting Ivan the big win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts