Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a few questions regarding the TT bike I just built up. The shift/brake cables route internally, and they have no stops. The plastic pieces in the pic where the cable enters/exits the frame are simply guides with no stops.

My concern is the RD cable moves fore/aft when I turn the bars, making the RD move slightly fore/aft. It doesn't appear that I can alleviate it, wondering if there's anything I should/can do, and if it's going to mess with my shifting. As there are no stops, it is a full length of housing from the shifter to the RD. I don't think lengthening it will make a difference. Because there are no stops, the housing is most likely going to keep moving back and forth.

Anyone with this particular frame or with similar experience with some insight would be great.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
I think if you manage to turn your bars that far while riding, the least of your concerns will be the rd ghost shifting... plus under (chain) tension it prob ain't gonna move

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRA with it for a few minutes, I'm not noticing it. The wheelbase is really short, and you don't need to turn the bars all that much to steer. Looks like my concerns are rather unfounded.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
What he said. Chain too loose, too, mebbe? FWIW-I had an old frankenbike set up with sti shifters and no stops-solid housing from shifters to derailer. No problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.