Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm helping somebody build a bike from a frame (kestrel) that has internal cable routing and no way to use barrel adjusters for the front derrailleur.

anybody experienced with in-line cable adjusters (like jagwire)? i've seen pics of them, but not sure how they install or how well they adjust the cable. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've been using the standard shimano in line adjusters, and they are OK, but I've just ordered a set of the Jagwire rocket adjusters and hope they are better. If you have no way to adjust the front deralluer cable, other than loosening and adjusting the cable, it's very difficult to get a proper adjustment of the frt derailleur. An in line adjuster is a must.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
They work fine.

You can install them in any run of housing that's long enough and won't be in the way. Up front shortly after the housing comes out of the lever is common. You just cut the housing and install in between the cut sections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.