Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my favorite (?!) intervals today. 3(give or take, depending on which rep it is)minutes up a %^&***!!! hill in front of my house, loop around-about 3 min rest) and back up again. Repeat 3-5 times depending on how cooked I am. It was about 85f. I think the guys working on the cable think I'm nutz. This is good for me, right?!:cryin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,615 Posts
Kram! You quoted me. I feel...honored.

Oh good grief. Don't those hill intervals make you think you're going to die before you get back to your own front door... wobble weave wobble weave wobble, urp, don't throw up oh Lord I don't want to throw up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Just?

OldEndicottHiway said:
Kram! You quoted me. I feel...honored.

Oh good grief. Don't those hill intervals make you think you're going to die before you get back to your own front door... wobble weave wobble weave wobble, urp, don't throw up oh Lord I don't want to throw up...
Just 3 minute hill repeats? Isn't that, well, kind of short? I think you need to find a longer hill.
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best thing about the location of this hill is if I'm REALLY about to die, I can coast down the hill right to my door and pass out.
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am and it is. Plus it's never exactly 3 min. Usually 3.20 3.30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Kram59 said:
I did my favorite (?!) intervals today. 3(give or take, depending on which rep it is)minutes up a %^&***!!! hill in front of my house, loop around-about 3 min rest) and back up again. Repeat 3-5 times depending on how cooked I am. It was about 85f. I think the guys working on the cable think I'm nutz. This is good for me, right?!:cryin:
pace your self, and then pump it out 10 times.. ride in a harder gear than, then back it off 1 gear next time around. spin up every 5th.. muhahaha
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U R sik.:p
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You haven't seen me climb, have you?:blush2:
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's amazing the difference a week can make. I did Tabata intervals today. Last week I nearly friggin died at rep 3, second set. Today I did 3 sets and even tho it hurt like a mutha, I did 3 of 5-7 reps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,615 Posts
Thanks Bas,

I've got my indoor ergotrainer which shows a lot of data. But I'd like to have something for on the bike like this, I think, depending on costs and such.

May I ask how long you've had this set up and how do you like it so far?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Thanks Bas,

I've got my indoor ergotrainer which shows a lot of data. But I'd like to have something for on the bike like this, I think, depending on costs and such.

May I ask how long you've had this set up and how do you like it so far?

Thanks

well, i need to become more internet educated and be able to plot all the lat/lons on a map like gmaps, and then maybe see how fast i was going exactly where..that would be cool.

it's ok - kind of like the edge without any graphics. i guess it is good for recording hr/speed and altitude at a given point and plotting them on the graphs. no power output or anything like that.

you can use it for jogging though - so its not bike specific. i did manage to wrap the GPS device on my bike stem and it says in place without a problem. got a polar wrist watch holder to put the watch on my bike along with my speedo... so if i'm doing mountains, i can watch the altitude go by with HR and speed or distance... or if i'm on flat, i could do speed+hr+distance.. and then my cycle puter will show me speed and cadence.

i wouldn't mind a power meter of sorts on the bike.. i do wonder what i've been putting out recently on some pretty maximal efforts.

it does give me some kind of record to compare previous efforts too... but this past june, my whole database crashed and i had to restart a new one.. UGH..haha
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top