Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

She laughed so hard she almost peed herself. It was great.

A few months ago, we started watching MST3K. She laughs just as hard at that.

Then she said, let's watch this show I like. Gravity Falls. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

That little girl is awesome.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
There isn't a bad Monty Python movie or sketch. See if she would also like Fawlty Towers. They had a short run, but that show was entertaining.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
My experience has been that girls do not "get" Monty Python, so kudos for you!

+1 for Fawlty Towers. Manuel, the waiter and gopher boy recently died. Another one, that I haven't looked at in a long time is "The Young Ones" - great show!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
For your next romantic evening, give her a little mood music...

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
full version of the argument sketch

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have all of Faulty Towers on video, but I think I lent it out years ago and never got it back.

Uniformly hilarious. John Cleese is one of the greatest physical comics of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
What the Hell is going on
5,152 Posts
Not a big fan of the Pythons but The Three Stooges . . . that's the litmus test if she's a keeper.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I never quite got over the laughing spell whilst watching the "Life of Brian".....It still haunts me, in a good sorta way. "Are there any women here?" Look on the bright side of life!!

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
though the meaning of life sucked. Otherwise, I think their stuff is great.

A few months ago, caught a $5 showing of this at a theater in Tarrytown. Got a new appreciation for it- especially the beginning part, where they went way overbudget as it turned out to be like a movie in itself!

They took some bits and pieces of material and made it into an incredible comedic quilt IMO. The organ-donor sketch.......the dream sequence......the mini-epic-movie.......the song-and-dance number.....soooo much to love (not saying it's perfect.)

My experience has been that girls do not "get" Monty Python

I'm only stereotypical in that I'm not a Stooges fan. But I'm obsessed with Python.

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
though the meaning of life sucked. Otherwise, I think their stuff is great.

A few months ago, caught a $5 showing of this at a theater in Tarrytown. Got a new appreciation for it- especially the beginning part, where they went way overbudget as it turned out to be like a movie in itself!

They took some bits and pieces of material and made it into an incredible comedic quilt IMO. The organ-donor sketch.......the dream sequence......the mini-epic-movie.......the song-and-dance number.....soooo much to love (not saying it's perfect.)

My experience has been that girls do not "get" Monty Python

I'm only stereotypical in that I'm not a Stooges fan. But I'm obsessed with Python.
Yeah, ok, the beginning part with the pirate ship building is good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I though the meaning of life sucked. Otherwise, I think their stuff is great.
I thought The Meaning of Life was Hilarious. I recall when it came out I told someone it really helped to clarify who the true fans were as people seemed to either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
And the Galaxy Song is rather sweet.

The kids in the ghetto did a great job as well. They didn't know what they were singing about apparently! :p

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
How did they win?

That's Faulty Towers of course. MPFC and the films are fantastic. And Spamalot is the only musical I ever wanted to se. The others I had to see. But where were we? Ah, the Grail.

A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts