Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Far so good, night and day from my old Alum. frame. and the bike is a bit lighter based on specs and the ride is very smooth. built up with Sram Rival, 2007 Ouzo Pro Fork, Thomson stem and seat post and FSA handlebar. The wheels are Rol ( not to bad for the budget)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice bike!
What was the wait time for the frame and $$.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was about 4 months and the price was 985.00 inc headset. The delay was due to TRue temper telling John that he had to start going thru Henry James and they had bumped up their prices so he was still trying to get it Thru TRue Temper. I think thats why the price bumped up to 1100.00 this year. I decided to make it a winter build as I had another bike. When I orderd it was between Curtlo and Deam/Ionic.
My advice to anyone that buys from Dean is to talk to John and seriously question him on delivery. I think he is a good guy but kind of easy goig on the business side. That said the frame build is top notch.
I almost bought Firenze prior to buying steel how do you like the Litespeed.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Rugby11 said:
My advice to anyone that buys from Dean is to talk to John and seriously question him on delivery.

boy, ain't that the truth... then take whatever he tells you and multiply it by 2 or 3 and still expect it to be late

·
Registered
143 Posts
I almost bought Firenze prior to buying steel how do you like the Litespeed.[/QUOTE said:
I have been very happy with it. I sold a steel Serotta Fierte and now looking for a steel replacement. I am also considering Curtlo, I know Dean has delivery issues but I am in no hurry.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Nice bike....:thumbsup:

So what was the deciding factor on going with Ionic over Curtlo? Just curious. Looks like you speced a longer TT for the overall size of the bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bike is stock 58cm Compact so no custom. It was close and on my next project hard tail mtb I am leaning towards Curtlo. But that is next year. I guess it came down to a friends input on how happy he was with a Dean Hard tail. I know Curtlo builds an excellent bike. Man if I only I was rich I could buy all the bikes I want.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks PltJett, I had to find something to do with my time after I retired from 20+ years of Rugby. 18 to 40 club side, mostly with Fresno Rugby Club a division 2 team,. Now it's a couple of old boy games each year and bikes...
Good to see that other ruggers are out there.
Hope your season went well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts