Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any point in getting the iPhone mount? I'm sure it has pros and cons the best pro probably being the waterproof covering. However it does look big and bulky. All opinions are greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, I find mine invaluable. I run the bikebrain app and it's a GPS, map, cycle computer, odometer, etc., and more in one spot. Also nice to plug into or stream to a speaker for those long commutes - can listen to music, podcasts, whatever.

Mines has been through downpours and no problems.

Don't text and ride though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Which one?

My iP5 rides in a Lifeproof case in my jersey pocket. If I need to orient myself I pull it out, check the map, adjust as necessary and then I put it right back in my pocket. I use a computer for the riding data functions.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use the Tigra Sport Bike Console - been solid. But it won't fit an iP5. I like the iphone for the real time mapping function (just like a car gps) and the color display of current speed, avg spd and top spd and mileage. I'm sure there are bike computers that do the same thing, but if you already have an iphone and dont have a computer, no sense buying 2 things.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've looked at this one too, and it interests me. I've also looked at this one: Amazon.com: Rokform 430801 Rokshield v3 Case for iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
and this one- IF you don't want to use their app, they have one with a built in ANT+chipset, that interfaces with your iPhone, making it a cyclometer (Ibike Dash cc): Amazon.com: iBike Phone Booth, Bike Mount and Case for iPhone 5 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

The Rokform is similar to the one you showed below, but I think its a bit more rugged. They have a bike mount adapter also, but in this day and age, I would probably make my own modded mount for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been using the quad-lock for almost a year now with Cyclemeter it saves my self the time of login in a book all the time it's secure I've replace the zip ties once in 10 months. I'm usually riding solo with ear phones plugin I can voice text back to family if on a long ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.