Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good question. I leave mine in the jersey pocket - but I only bike with the 6G version - I don't ride LONG ENOUGH to need the big bad boy. Nonetheless, I've seen alot of people wearing the arm band....but it would bug me I think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Too much weight in your jersey? I couldn't imagine the weight of an ipod ever being an issue. Maybe clip it to your shorts and run the cord under your jersey?

Sidenote/slight rant: If you are going to be using an iPod while riding, please (for the sake of fellow riders and our perception in the public in general) pay extra attention to your surroundings. I've seen two incidents this season alone where iPodders got into some sticky situations because they didn't notice something they should have...particularly when bikes/cars/whatever come up from behind. Just be safe out there.

·
Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
texass4 said:
Sidenote/slight rant: If you are going to be using an iPod while riding, please (for the sake of fellow riders and our perception in the public in general) pay extra attention to your surroundings. I've seen two incidents this season alone where iPodders got into some sticky situations because they didn't notice something they should have...particularly when bikes/cars/whatever come up from behind. Just be safe out there.

Yeah Im pretty careful. I have no problem NOT listening to music if its going to endanger myself or others on a certain portion of a ride. And I would never wear it even remotely close to traffic. It's just common sense. Right now I have a 512mb flash player, but I hate it. There's no easy way to navigate through all the songs. And I'm one of those people that likes to listen to certain songs during certain parts of my ride. I love ipods and there wheel interface. I can use it blindfolded. So I think that, combined with its playlist capabilty is the answer I'm looking for. As far as the jearsy thing goes, well i dont even like having power bars in my pockets. IDK it's just me:rolleyes: Thanks for your input guys and keep it coming.

PS anyone ever try that waist belt thing they have for it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No waistband thing, in fact I haven't even seen one....unless you are talking about the clip thing available.

Just to clarify, I ride with one earbud in!! Shure!! They are the best - one off, the right one on. Best of both worlds IMO. If they were both in, as witnessed by me on airplanes, I can't even hear the engines!

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
i use a marware neoprene case. think it's called the sportsuit, and it's a slightly newer version of this

stick my ID and some cash in the bud pocket, and put it in the middle pocket of my jersey.

CabDoctor said:
I was curious what brand/type of ipod carrier you guys are using? I thought about going with and arm band, but my arms are really small (5'6", 127lbs). Also I dont like having a huge bunch of weight in my jersey pocket. Thanks guys :D

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
CabDoctor said:
I was curious what brand/type of ipod carrier you guys are using? I thought about going with and arm band, but my arms are really small (5'6", 127lbs). Also I dont like having a huge bunch of weight in my jersey pocket. Thanks guys :D
Ipod carrier? just shove it in your jersey pocket. I use a non-apple MP3 that comes with a armband, case and clip to start with. It is a huge scam that Apple sells you a case for $30 or whatever that probably cost them 5c to make from sweatshop labor in China. For the price they charge it should be included.

·
Opus was just napping
22,392 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Ipod carrier? just shove it in your jersey pocket. I use a non-apple MP3 that comes with a armband, case and clip to start with. It is a huge scam that Apple sells you a case for $30 or whatever that probably cost them 5c to make from sweatshop labor in China. For the price they charge it should be included.
Yea...yea...yea...your opposition to Ipod and proprietary software has been duly noted...Gospodin Bocephus. :p

Such a hater!

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Argentius said:
I was wondering how long it was going to take someone to spit this out. Can't people resist the urge to mommy?
Say it loud...I ride with my Ipod and I'm proud! :)

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
thatsmybush said:
Yea...yea...yea...your opposition to Ipod and proprietary software has been duly noted...Gospodin Bocephus. :p

Such a hater!
Careful or I'll have Mike reduce the oxygen in your quarters Warden.... :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
I put my Ipod in a DLO Action Jacket in my right jersey pocket. I only use the right headphone (cut the left one off) and run it under my jersey. I have the Ipod remote inline with the headpone clipped to the bottom of my jersey. It works great and I'm able to hear traffic on my left.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
For the price they charge it should be included.
it was included when i got my 1st iPod (had to buy a 2nd after forgetting the 1st on a plane).

the apple case is a POS anyway. never even bothered with it. if someone actually pays the 30$ then they're wasting their money BIG time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.