Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search & came back zilch:eek:, Would love to try the pro tubeless X gaurd or the roadlite (23 or 25). My specialized Roubaix rear wont hold pressure now without sealant :cryin: & I wont use sealant :D. So someone on here has had to tried these! whatcha say:devil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed an IRC Pro Light 23. It went on and inflated much easier than the Hutchinson Fusions and Intensives I've used before. No need to use compressed air, the tire seated easily just using a floor pump. Measures about 1mm wider than a Fusion when installed.

Haven't put on enough miles yet to give an accurate road report. I've had quality issues with the Hutchinson tires in the past so I'm hoping these become more readily available.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Pro Light looks more compelling to me than the Roadlite, mainly due to the weight. At 260g I think I will want to try them at some point when I have a block of racing. The Roadlite at 345g is 50g apiece heavier than the Bontrager R3 TLR (25C sizes) and about the same amount heavier in the 23C sizes.

Chris, where did you buy the Pro Light? Looking forward to hearing how you like the ride.

Just installed an IRC Pro Light 23. It went on and inflated much easier than the Hutchinson Fusions and Intensives I've used before. No need to use compressed air, the tire seated easily just using a floor pump. Measures about 1mm wider than a Fusion when installed.

Haven't put on enough miles yet to give an accurate road report. I've had quality issues with the Hutchinson tires in the past so I'm hoping these become more readily available.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Pro Light looks more compelling to me than the Roadlite, mainly due to the weight. At 260g I think I will want to try them at some point when I have a block of racing. The Roadlite at 345g is 50g apiece heavier than the Bontrager R3 TLR (25C sizes) and about the same amount heavier in the 23C sizes.

Chris, where did you buy the Pro Light? Looking forward to hearing how you like the ride.
The IRC site claims 310 for the roadlites is this incorrect?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a Pro Light on Ebay but haven't been able to come up with another source for IRC's where they are reasonably priced. I'm sold on road tubeless but not interested in spending $95+ per tire!

I'm liking the wider profile compared to the relatively narrow Hutchinsons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.