Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
wayneanneli said:
I like that one Nate, nothing like playing fetch with your kids ;). My children didn't really get anything useless this year either. Lego was the big hit this year. Here in Sweden, Lego just seems to be one of those timeless toys that can be passed down from child to child. No batteries, ala atp, safe to play with, and good at building motor skills and creativity. The only Lego that we consider useless are all the Bionicle, Technic, and film related Lego (Harry Potter, Star Wars). It seems that once children build up the models, that they simply put it on a shelf and don't want to take it apart. Plus the Bionicle Technic stuff is just too strange and uninteresting, and doesn't do anything to develop a child's creativity. The whole idea with Lego is to build and be creative. Lego City and World City are the best for that.
Cheers, Wayne
My five-year-old kids love Lego, too. They especially like the Star Wars stuff but they certainly don't leave it on the shelf. My wife or I put it together for them, but once they break it into pieces they will usually just build other stuff with it. They also like K'Nex, which I think are pretty cool.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,753 Posts
nate said:
My five-year-old kids love Lego, too. They especially like the Star Wars stuff but they certainly don't leave it on the shelf. My wife or I put it together for them, but once they break it into pieces they will usually just build other stuff with it. They also like K'Nex, which I think are pretty cool.
Man, I loved Legos. Once on Christmas morning my mom found me sitting at the kitchen table at 2am, putting together some little spaceship they'd given me. I just couldn't wait those few extra hours!

I have quite a few Technics sets, and every once in a while drag them out to put 'em together. I was so proud when I saved up the $139 to order my black Super Car set...I'm putting that one together again now!

That National Geographic glider looks fun...might have to pick one up for myself!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts