Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been drooling over white LOOK 585 frameset for awhile now but can't figure out if 59cm frame is simply too small for me.
I'm 6'2" with 94 cm inseam. My saddle height is about 84cm. My current bike is 62cm C-T with traditional geometry, has a 59cm TT with 130mm stem.
Any input would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am 6'-2" with a 91.4cm inseam and there is tons of seat height left on my 585. Give the guys at Wrench Sceince a call, (866.497.3624), they can confirm it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stjtoday said:
I am 6'-2" with a 91.4cm inseam and there is tons of seat height left on my 585. Give the guys at Wrench Sceince a call, (866.497.3624), they can confirm it.
What's your saddle height? Do you have a picture of your bike?

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,406 Posts
If your current bike has a 59cm TT and a 130mm stem, why would you think that a 57.5 TT (TT of the largest size) would fit you? Do you have a source for a 155mm stem?
"No Look for you"

·
Registered
789 Posts
Frame size.

Log in to wrenchscience.com and access their sizing tool. It will prompt you and show you how to measure yourself. Then, it will give you recommendations on frame size (even saddle height,etc.), per brand, center to top or top to top. Then, if you still have questions, then give them a call, Their prices are also very competitive.
Szozda said:
I've been drooling over white LOOK 585 frameset for awhile now but can't figure out if 59cm frame is simply too small for me.
I'm 6'2" with 94 cm inseam. My saddle height is about 84cm. My current bike is 62cm C-T with traditional geometry, has a 59cm TT with 130mm stem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MR_GRUMPY said:
If your current bike has a 59cm TT and a 130mm stem, why would you think that a 57.5 TT (TT of the largest size) would fit you? Do you have a source for a 155mm stem?
"No Look for you"
You're looking at size 57 frame. I'm talking about size 59cm frame with 58.7 TT.
But you still might be right about "No Look for you". It all depends how you LOOK at it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Szozda said:
What's your saddle height? Do you have a picture of your bike?
1st picture is the bike as I ride it, Saddle height is 80cm.

2nd is the bike prior to adjustment, just a guess but I would say the saddle height is approx. 82cm.

Frame size is 59.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,406 Posts
I'm just going by what my Exel Sports catalog shows. The XL frame has a 57 seat tube, and a 57.5 top tube.
If they do have a frame with a 58.7 TT, you should be able to fit with a 13 or 14cm stem. 14cm isn't too large for a frame that size.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I thought about putting my hoods that high up on the bar, but I didn't see anyone else that rides like that. I checked why and the reasoning was that you can't reach the brakes from the drops.... have any issues with that or do you not ever ride in the drops??

·
Cowboy up
3,886 Posts
Excel assigned sizes xs to xl to the numerical frame sizes for the 585. They don't sell the 585 size 59 for some reason. They list the numerical sizes for the 555 and include the 59.

Wrench Science's website seems buggy right now. Error windows keep popping up, the results and recommended bicycles often do not display, and when they did I got a message saying nothing is available in that size for the Look (even though the dimensions their system produced are about same as a Look frame).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beatiful bike Stjtoday. Thanks for positing those pictures, and feeding my obsession. Did you buy yours from LBS or did you get it online?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
seat tube angle???

Szozda said:
Making this comparison is not easy, since the vertical sizes of the bikes is not the same. A 59cm c-c would be about the same as a 60.5cm c-t.

To get a true idea of the difference in reach, you also have to consider the seat tube angle. The 73 degree STA is about as steep as you'll find on a frame this large. A steeper STA adds to the reach (a little more than 1cm per degree), so a longer stem is probably not required.

What may be of more importance is the head tube length. The head tube, with the headset will be about 214mm tall. To this you can add up to 3cm of spacer for a total of 244mm. If this is tall enough for you, then you're in business. You may also want to reevaluate your stem angle to make the best choice between spacers and stem angle. Personally, I limit my spacers to 2cm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C-40 thanks for your input. I like to keep my spacers at no more than 2.5cm. I'm thinking about putting 2-2.5cm of spacers under a stem and maybe 0.5 to 1cm above it. This way I will have some room to play with if I need to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Szozda said:
Beatiful bike Stjtoday. Thanks for positing those pictures, and feeding my obsession. Did you buy yours from LBS or did you get it online?
Wrench Sceince is the only place I go.. They built my last two bikes, cannot say enough good things about them. Each piece of the bike is discussed with you, they make there recommendations to you on why they feel a certain piece would be the best for your body type / riding style and let you make the final decision. The end price is extremely competitive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stjtoday said:
Wrench Sceince is the only place I go.. They built my last two bikes, cannot say enough good things about them. Each piece of the bike is discussed with you, they make there recommendations to you on why they feel a certain piece would be the best for your body type / riding style and let you make the final decision. The end price is extremely competitive.

Cool. I think I'll go with Wrench Science too. Who did you deal with? And last question for you. How many spacers do you have on your 585? From the pictures looks like 2 or 2.5 cm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Szozda said:
Cool. I think I'll go with Wrench Science too. Who did you deal with? And last question for you. How many spacers do you have on your 585? From the pictures looks like 2 or 2.5 cm.
Zach is the guy I deal with, although Dennis has been a big help when ever I have called. Stem is spaced 3.5cm, 3 singles and 1 half.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts