Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
I like my bike a lot. Smooth, fast, and comfy.

I haven't ridden very many road bikes lately. I have ridden a Caad8 Cannondale, a vintage Trek Aluminum, and a Vintage Fuji.

The Caad8 handled a little bit better and was a small bit lighter, but for me the Synapse was more comfy. I'm not a racer so my wallet voted for the Synapse.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cb400bill said:
I like my bike a lot. Smooth, fast, and comfy.

I haven't ridden very many road bikes lately. I have ridden a Caad8 Cannondale, a vintage Trek Aluminum, and a Vintage Fuji.

The Caad8 handled a little bit better and was a small bit lighter, but for me the Synapse was more comfy. I'm not a racer so my wallet voted for the Synapse.
Ah I see. I don't see myself doing anything race/competitive like anytime soon. This will be my first bike. I don't really know how far I'll be going into this sport.

I suppose I was looking for speed and handling just to get the most fun out it, but, I really don't know what I like yet. I hear the Synapses are all about comfort. What determines if I'll be a racer/aggressive?

· Registered
92 Posts
Some of the differences in the Synapse line vs the Caad line of Cannondales are the curved seat stays, which give you a more complaint ride. Also, the longer wheelbase helps in stability, And the longer head tube raises you up slightly for a more upright stance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.