Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am 5 ft 10 inches and overweight. I am fairly happy with a Pearl Izumi Select Jersey (Semi Form Fit) in XL and was considering ordering a Pearl Izumi Elite Jersey (Form Fit). Form fit seems too tight in style and may not be the most appropriate for my body habitus. Is it safe to upsize one size?

In other words is a form fit XXL roughly equivalent or comparable to a semi-form fit XL jersey?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Maybe. I was just looking at my bibs, my select bibs are medium and my elite bibs are large. I'm 6'1 and about 155, so went with the large in the elite so I didn't have a massive wedgie going one. The medium elite just felt too short in that region. Both feel comfortable. Just a suggestion, maybe go with the XL and use it as motivation to drop a few pounds? I did that when I first started cycling, large jerseys fit comfortable where as the mediums were very tight. Now the mediums feel just right. Hopefully that helps, hopefully comparing bibs to jerseys isn't like comparing apples to oranges.

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,099 Posts
Order both and send back the one you don't like... I can never get it right without trying them on!
+1 if you can do that.

I am a size L. 5'10" and 160lbs. But I like my jerseys and bib shorts slightly loose fitting. So all of my 2 jerseys and 2 bib shorts are sized XL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts