Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
colker1 said:
apple promises a 3 times faster operation! big size pics on photoshop are quite slow on my G4 notebook...
The faster times are real - after the application is re-coded to Universal Binary Code.

Adobe have made it clear that they will not be re-coding any of their apps to UBC until the next scheduled product upgrade cycle - estimated to be 12 months out.

I have used one of the machines. Very nice, very quick. If Photoshop is your primary concern then best to wait for the UBC upgrade to be closer, or try Apple Aperture which has received very good reviews and is available in native code now.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
toomanybikes said:
The faster times are real - after the application is re-coded to Universal Binary Code.

Adobe have made it clear that they will not be re-coding any of their apps to UBC until the next scheduled product upgrade cycle - estimated to be 12 months out.

I have used one of the machines. Very nice, very quick. If Photoshop is your primary concern then best to wait for the UBC upgrade to be closer, or try Apple Aperture which has received very good reviews and is available in native code now.
aahh.. that's why they have aperture.. i can't justify the cost of upgrading right now so i'll wait for the second or 3rd generation intel MAC. they will increase the HD size by then..
the new 10mb cameras should give me a 50mb pic after processing the image. that's huge for the G4 1gz processor.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
It's better to wait anyway in case there are any kinks to work out with the first production run or two.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
colker1 said:
aahh.. that's why they have aperture.. i can't justify the cost of upgrading right now so i'll wait for the second or 3rd generation intel MAC. they will increase the HD size by then..
the new 10mb cameras should give me a 50mb pic after processing the image. that's huge for the G4 1gz processor.
If you can wait I would, though a friend of mine in LA who shoots fashion just got one and says CS2 runs faster in his MacBook Pro than in his old G4 powerbook so it really depends on your needs......I have Aperture and though I really like the workflow/layout, the conversions from my 1Ds Mrk II suck....a problem apple is working on to correct....CS2 raw works really well for me and so that's what I've been using.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts