Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
your vaguely-constructed question has no answer.

try defining 'best'...

durability, cornering, rolling resistance...and at what price point?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
oh yeah, they're the BEST.

or maybe something else was the best, i can't remember. answering this question is like trying to answer "how long is a piece of string?" if you ask 10 different people, you'll get 11 different answers. you can pretty much ignore answers in the extreme, ie: tire A is the absolute (best, worst) and if you (ride, don't ride) it you'll (live happily ever after, and you'll be rich 'cuz the tires last forever and you never have to replace them...or, you'll die 'cuz they suck) . find a tire that fits your needs, and you will then have the best tire for you.
that said...conti makes great tires.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
I like Vittorias

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
... and then there's those who swear by Schwalbe.

---
anybody want to suggest a tire that is not likely to flat when there's some sand on the road but still rolls and corners OK?

·
Number10
480 Posts
Vredestein are what I use now but I have used Conti's in the past.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Conti's are great tires, I especially like the Gatorskin, sprinter, and GP4000 lines.

But "best" is in personal preference.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
You can't go too far wrong with the GP 4000 S for training/racing or "century" riding. Good rolling resistance, durability & handling (from what I hear), and OK cost. Vittorias roll better but seem to be more fragile. Michelin PR3's seem to be loved or hated.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
Michelin P3Rs are a hassle to get on and off Campagnolo Rims, at least. But that could be a plus is a sudden deflation should occur: Tire in caliper gives bad handling, and the Michelins should have less chance of ending up there if thing should go BANG.

Other than that: A good tubular is still better than a good clincher.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Narrow your question down a little please, or all you're going to get are stupid answers. Tell us what kind of riding you do, what kind of roads you ride on, etc. That all plays into the answer.

But to answer your question as is... No, they are not the best, Vittoria's are the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.