1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
With the Radio On...
965 Posts
I thought conservatives were admittedly anti-intellectual??

That's a scary, though enlightening, site:

"G.W. Bush is pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, he’s anti-gun, and he’s the biggest spender in American history. American conservatives have taken the bait at the expense of their cause and God’s glory."

OT: I thought Ahnold did an excellent job on Russert. He is straight to the point, speaks well, and I thought supported his positions well. He's a *good* Republican imo.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
no doubt that gwb isnt your average republican. but theres a difference between a republican and a conservative. one isnt necessarily the other. the question is, is he better than the freak show the democratic party keeps nominating? and the answer is a resounding "yes". until you can nominate someone from earth, you wont get to sleep in the house.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
128 said:
He's a *good* Republican imo.
We have a history of old-style moderate Republicans here. You didn't always agree with them, but they were reasonable, principled, and consistent in their beliefs. You can respect them even when you disagree with them. Our junior senator has turned out to be one of these guys. In these situations, Nader is closer to the mark... the difference between Repub & Dem does begin to shrink.

These Republican moderates are becoming rarer these days in our state, at least in political circles. The rabid right-wing has taken control of the state-wide GOP and is purging these turncoats from their ranks. The result is that a Republican has not held a statewide office in state government in a decade or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts