Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquiring minds want to know. I've scored some cool stuff from there on the cheap. Recently got a 500GB 2.5" portable Seagate hard drive for 40 bucks, brand new obviously stolen from a retailer, and a Matco 3/8 impact wrench for 20 dollars.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
have never really found any bargains at pawn shops...all the stuff I want is priced at retail.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I stop by local pawnshops looking for camera stuff. Last year picked up a full pentax kit with 3-lenses, body, tripods filters & bags. I paid 125.00 for the lot, used most of it for a while then sold to buy newer lenses. I think I came out about 600 bucks ahead by the time I was done.

I love pawn stars but American Pickers is my favorite..

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
q_and_a said:
Me too. Kinda like antiques roadshow for men.

I get the feeling sometimes that the show is kinda rigged. Plus, I don't really like most of the people on the shop. Pawn brokers just seem like greasy scammers. Then again, nobody forces these people to give up their stuff for a song I guess.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oxtox said:
have never really found any bargains at pawn shops...all the stuff I want is priced at retail.

Never pay anywhere close to what is written on the sticker. You have nothing to lose by offering half of what their asking price is. That's what I do. Worst they can do is counter offer or say no.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I have found many a great bargain in Pawn shops. Not greasy at all to shop there.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you guys at least haggling on the stuff in the pawn shops? Gotta shop smart man! I got my dirt jump bike from a pawn shop on Ebay for 300 bucks. The wheels alone that it came with were worth what I paid for the whole bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts