Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I know Cadel is a great cyclist and has a good chance to win the tour this year. But, from an outsiders point of view the guy is a total prick. Whether its throwing water on a camera man or being rude to to reporters trying to do their job, the guy just seems like an arrogant, cocky ass. Yes, I know he is there to win the Tour and probably cares less about treating people with respect, but I don't care for him one bit. I hope he gets dropped like a bag of rocks at some point in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
zphogan said:
Hey, I know Cadel is a great cyclist and has a good chance to win the tour this year. But, from an outsiders point of view the guy is a total prick. Whether its throwing water on a camera man or being rude to to reporters trying to do their job, the guy just seems like an arrogant, cocky ass. Yes, I know he is there to win the Tour and probably cares less about treating people with respect, but I don't care for him one bit. I hope he gets dropped like a bag of rocks at some point in the next couple of weeks.
You forgot him striking a gendarme while in the line of duty. Normally, that is not tolerated. His team immediately issued an apology.

-ilan

·
Darling of The Lounge
5,336 Posts
Cadel seems to be a really uptight chap. Perhasp that constipated look he always has is a sign of lack of fiber in his diet :)

The media zoo is part and parcel of the Tour de France, and pro cycling in general. Cipo used the power of the media to his advantage and exploited them to exploit him and feed his ego.

IHMO...If Cadel cannot take it, then he should pack it up and only ride local crits down under.

·
Off the back.
64 Posts
+ whatever for "yeah, he's an a-hole". Feel free to add "creepy" after seeing that photo over the fireplace. Creepy to do it and just a creepy looking painting actually.

Last year's "who peed in my corn flakes" podium look (yeah man, we all get it but suck it up and be gracious with second), taking a swipe at the gendarme, his attitude in nearly every interview, etc. etc. etc.

I even feel bad for Robbie who has to work without a train this year. Not all down to Evans but still...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't know about a-hole, but I certainly don't like him. He just seems to wheel suck a lot. Last year he got beat by climbers that had the ability to explode because he couldn't match their accelerations at all. Hope the same happens this year.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Not the most appealing rider, that is for sure. Figure he will win it though... much as I would prefer someone else.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
ilan said:
From what I recall there are no right hand drive classic Mustangs, or any other US car, that's why they don't sell in Japan. If I'm correct, then it was customized.

-ilan
Right and wrong really. Australia made and still make a number of "US" cars some more modified than others (GM sell as Holden) all for their own RHD market and others.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
zphogan said:
You're just now noticing this? He's always been whiny, but he's been an exceptional bi**h this year...

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
ilan said:
You forgot him striking a gendarme while in the line of duty. Normally, that is not tolerated. His team immediately issued an apology.

-ilan
Cop or ____? Was that the guy on the motorbike that he had a run in with Saturday morning?

·
Registered
429 Posts
robdamanii said:
Cop or ____? Was that the guy on the motorbike that he had a run in with Saturday morning?
Yes, it was the motorcycle policeman who slammed on the brakes for no reason and forced the car Evans was drafting to brake, almost crashing him. I know Evans was annoyed but if a policeman were to be hit every time he did something stupid, well check out the Hinault thread....

-ilan

·
Cpark
2,106 Posts
oarsman said:
Not the most appealing rider, that is for sure. Figure he will win it though... much as I would prefer someone else.
He might be just cranky. But he needs to stay upright though if he wants to win.
Also, the fashion police wants to know what's up with the purple Oakley's with red/white/black helmet....

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.