Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
More cowbell!
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat sometimes eats too fast. He then up-chucks the meal. The 12 week old puppy is more than willing to enjoy a hot meal. An I asking for trouble by not stopping her?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Cyclo-phile said:
My cat sometimes eats too fast. He then up-chucks the meal. The 12 week old puppy is more than willing to enjoy a hot meal. An I asking for trouble by not stopping her?
My cat will do that from time to time also, though I have made his portions smaller. I'll invite you and the puppy over the next time he upchucks.

·
Proud luddite
7,192 Posts
Yes, it's fine. In fact, I wish we had a dog because our 6 cats can generate an impressive amount of puke!

Funny story from my childhood: we had a cat named Tortilla who would gobble her food down first thing in the morning and almost always puke it back up within minutes. My dad was an early riser, so he was the one who always fed her and then had to clean up her barf. Dad had a weak stomach, so I can't tell you how many times I would wake up to the sounds of Tortilla barfing and then my dad gagging as he cleaned up her barf. That stupid cat lived to be 18 years old, so my dad probably cleaned up her barf several thousand times. He used to say that his dream would be to skin her when she died and to have her pelt at the side of his bed, so he could have a nice, soft spot to put his feet when he woke up in the morning. Ah, sweet childhood memories...

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Hell, I had a dog growing up that hoovered up the vomit, and occasionally snacked in the sandbox too.

He was weird. And dumb, come to think of it.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Yea, dogs do that, they view the cat as merely a large Pez dispenser. Eating too much clay cat litter isn't the best for them though.
Our dogs will eat the cat poop, the older dogs poop, and any other savory poop they find. There is stuff you can put on their food to kick them of the habit.
The lab eats so fast that he yaks it up occasionally, and has to go back and finish it later. Nice when you have people over who don't know dogs. "Oh, just ignore that steaming pile, the dog will come eat it shortly when he's hungry. More wine?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts