Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0 for 4 and he runs away from the media??? Sad.

Ya can't back up a bad boy image with bad skiing. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he'll learn to let his skis do his talkin' for him.

I'm very happy to see the Hermannator score some precious Torino bling bling in the twilight of his career. The man showed the true character of a champion after his crash at Nagano.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Umm...

spyderman said:
0 for 4 and he runs away from the media??? Sad.

Ya can't back up a bad boy image with bad skiing. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he'll learn to let his skis do his talkin' for him.

I'm very happy to see the Hermannator score some precious Torino bling bling in the twilight of his career. The man showed the true character of a champion after his crash at Nagano.
20+ wins over the last few years, that's enough talking for just about anyone. He hasn't scored any medals at this Olympics, but once again, you guys are ignoring the large picture. Most dominant US skier ever. That's it. That's the truth.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Were you two in Brokeback Mountain?

magnolialover said:
20+ wins over the last few years, that's enough talking for just about anyone. He hasn't scored any medals at this Olympics, but once again, you guys are ignoring the large picture. Most dominant US skier ever. That's it. That's the truth.
Man, you defend him like he's your "special someone." He's an arrogant loser. That's it. That's the truth.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Interesting article today on MSN. The writer basically said that Bode is in his prime but didn't train with intensity this summer and was relying on his talent and intensity to put him at the top.

He didn't take the advice of others to rest a bit during the season. The writer summed it up by saying Bode could have put himself in the category of the greatest skiers of all time but missed his opportunity by not training all out this summer.

To sum up what the writer implied was, that Bode has the talent but took it for granted by not giving it his all this past summer to prepare for his opportunity at greatness.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
filly said:
Man, you defend him like he's your "special someone." He's an arrogant loser. That's it. That's the truth.
arrogant loser? you might not like his personality, but anyone who qualifies for skiing in the Olympics is one hell of a skier by any standards. I don't care if he doesn't win any medals--just getting there is a great accomplishment.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Nah..

filly said:
I like to point out the ignorance of people about ski racing in particular. For a lot of people ski racing is a once every 4 year activity, that they only see or know about during an Olympic year, just like a lot of the sports in the winter games. I like to point out the facts that yes, Miller has been stinking it up this Olympics, but over the course of the last couple of years, he's won a shitton of races. That makes him not a loser, but a winner. The Olympics are not the only game in town, but they are the biggest this season. Look at Miller's results, he's reigning overall world cup champion, skied in more races in a row than anyone else has, won 20+ races over the last few years, and has essentially dominated. Not everybody can be "on" year after year, but even this year he's been doing just OK, but compared to his previous 2 years, he's in a slump. To call him a loser, shows your ignorance of the sport you're talking about.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I'm sure Nike is doing just fine

Bode will sell regardless. Best thing about marketing a guy who doesn't care if he wins. If he doesn't win,who cares? If he does, he wins and doesn't care. Kids dig that right now.

·
...Please
25 Posts
so he plays hoops ?!?

... unbelieveable. This from skiracing.com:

ALPINE NEWS

TORINO: Alpine: Bode Miller tweaks ankle playing hoops, but will race slalom
February 22, 2006 SESTRIERE, Italy — Bode Miller rolled his ankle playing basketball but will race the Olympic slalom, the U.S. team said Wednesday.

''He's good to go,'' U.S. men's coach Phil McNichol said.

United States team spokesman Marc Habermann confirmed an SI.com report that Miller twisted his ankle playing basketball with teammates on Tuesday.

''There's really no reason to mention it. It happened. There's no reason he won't race,'' Habermann said. ''It hurt a bit and they checked it. There's nothing wrong. He's totally OK.

''I can confirm that he will start. He's totally fine.''

Ski racers often play other sports — such as basketball, volleyball or hockey — to maintain fitness.

The slalom is Miller's last chance to win a medal at the Torino Games.
He has failed to finish five of seven World Cup slaloms this season and was disqualified in the first slalom leg of the combined event. His last slalom victory was Dec. 13, 2004, in Sestriere.

Through four of five men's alpine races, Miller finished fifth in the downhill, was leading the combined when he was disqualified, failed to finish the super G after slamming into a gate and tied for sixth in the giant slalom.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Bode pales

in comparison to the USA and Canada's Olympic Hockey squads.
I think USA won one game in the first tourney and is eliminated in game one of the medal round.
LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts