Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I remember reading somewhere that Trek really paid attention to all the complaints regarding the saddles on their older road bikes. I've read many user comments that stated the first thing the owners did with their pre 08 Trek Madones was change the uncomfortable stock saddles to a model they could tolerate.

Is it true that this year Trek worked with Selle Italia to develop new, improved more comfortable saddles? What do you think of the saddles that came with your 08 Madone? Are they better than the older models?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Saddle – surprising – it looked bad, but felt very good. Normally I wouldn't mention a saddle as part of a review as everyone has their own favorite and it's pretty much irrelevant, but this saddle was a winner for me. I'm going to get one and fit it on some of my current bikes. Trek did a lot of work with the Uni of Wisconsin developing their new range of saddles, and it seems to have worked.

Reprinted from the following review:
http://www.aboc.com.au/equipment-reviews/complete-bicycles/2008-trek-madone-5-2-performance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.