Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· regular mtbr.com user
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it worth it? Shoe question.

So I've been through a night mare finding new road shoes; seems like very shoe I try give me hot spots on the outside of my foot (even Sidis--which is what I sue for mtb!) To make a long story short, I finally tried a pair specialized BG comps on and I think they will do the job. Now I'm wondering if it's worth $75 to just get the pro carbon model which fits about the same. Is it worth it? I'm not actively competing in road events right now, but I really push it on my regular rides. What am I really gaining by getting that shoe?

· Registered
3,245 Posts
I found a pair of carbon shoes on deep sale. I thought it would be a good chance to try a carbon shoe and not have to spend the big bucks. Next pair - I'll spend the big bucks. I'm hooked.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
I have a pair of Shimano R151 carbon shoes and a farily new pair of R085's with fiberglass reinforced soles. I can't tell a difference. I like the buckle system. The carbon soles will probably never break down, the tops will wear out first. I use the Specialized shims, I pulled out the Body Geometry High Performance foot beds as they gave me hot spots. (worked o.k in the winter). I replaced them with my old Superfeet. Cleat placement helped also. If the Specialized shoes are really comfi for you, the extra money is worth it. But you really can't tell until you ride with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.