Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, - got a chance to buy an late 80's or early 90's Nishiki Sport for 150.00. I know everybody says Nishiki's are a dime a dozen and they wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for one; but this bike is a perfect fit and is in like new condition having been in climate controlled storage for a 1 1/2 decades or more. Is it worth the dough or am I an idiot for liking this bike?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
If if fits and you like it, why not? The price seems maybe a bit high to me, but I don't pay much attention, so I could easily be wrong. In any case, better to pay $150 for something that works for you than to look around for a month and spend $100 on something that's almost right.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nishiki bicycles from the late 1970's and 80's are often a sought-after bike in some circles. There are a lot of people who'd grab it. They clean up very nice and they're strong and fast. If you got room - I'd buy it before someone else does. If they haven't already.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
My LBS sells a lot of used bikes. That is what they would sell that bike for after they had completely gone over it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I did buy it - it rides smooth as silk - and is faster than either of my other 2 bikes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Good job! Enjoy your "blast from the past." Nothing like a good steel-frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts