Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Is Landis telling the truth about Lance doping?

• Yes

Votes: 104 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 32.5%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the official poll. What do you think? Where would you put your MONEY, NOT WISHES OR HOPES if it was on the line? Is he finally telling the truth or just making this all up?

This is NOT about whether or not you like Landis or Lance. What does your gut tell you?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Landis is telling the truth, however his name and word cannot be trusted anymore. He has set himself up to be homeless and jobless...not to mention the laughing stock.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Hooben said:
however his name and word cannot be trusted anymore. He has set himself up to be homeless and jobless...not to mention the laughing stock.
This.

I question whether or not he is telling the truth however. His story requires many people to have been VERY smart idiots.

·
Doubleplusgood
6 Posts
I think Landis may be suffering from bi-polar disorder. If LA did dope, he got away with it by passing all those drug tests that Landis was somehow not able to pass. So now what?

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Maybe his fetal twin who he consumed in the uterous is making him say these things. Wait that is the other perjuring drugy. Horrible spelling in this post, but as with the poll...who cares.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
What makes this poll "official"?

:confused:

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Marc said:
The OP said so? :)
I am Officially highly attractive to super models.

/hope this works

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Too bad "yes, but it doesn't matter" isn't an option. He's probably dead on, but I doubt it will make a dent in the big picture. Although I almost don't care if Armstrong did because if he didn't, another doper would have gotten it.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Lowflyer said:
I think Landis may be suffering from bi-polar disorder. If LA did dope, he got away with it by passing all those drug tests that Landis was somehow not able to pass. So now what?
No Landis did pass them, he's admitted to doping for years. Presumably stage 17 of that year's TdF wasn't the only time he was tested.

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep..."official"

Coolhand said:
What makes this poll "official"?

:confused:
Given that some of us have a habit of repeating existing threads, I thought I would designate this as the "official" poll.:p

Is there another one that I don't know about asking the same Q? Hope not.

I thought it would be nice to see exactly what the numbers are. Sometimes it is difficult to determine by reading the endless responses in other threads.

Hope it sheds "some" light on what we RBR members are thinking is ultimately the truth in this matter regardless of our views on personalities etc etc....

PS...this is my 400th post...so yeh...it is officially official you rbr official offical...

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
spade2you said:
Too bad "yes, but it doesn't matter" isn't an option. He's probably dead on, but I doubt it will make a dent in the big picture. Although I almost don't care if Armstrong did because if he didn't, another doper would have gotten it.
Or when will Landis stop lying about doping in the Tour? Cause the repeated lying is helping his credibility. Positively False indeed. . .

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
terzo rene said:
Yes, he's telling what he believes to be the truth. But that doesn't mean it's all true. Memory isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Maybe it was really just a temporary tattoo that Lance handed Floyd and not really a "testosterone patch".

I could see how that would be easily confused/forgotten.:p

Then again...Floyd did forget that he doped. Not until after raising a ton of money and publishing a book did he recall actually using PEDs...

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
terzo rene said:
Yes, he's telling what he believes to be the truth. But that doesn't mean it's all true. Memory isn't what it's cracked up to be.
That would be my take on it. So yeah, he's telling the truth that he has personal knowledge of Lance and others doping, but any given particular could be wrong in the details or even a complete mix up with some other incident involving another person.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Honestly, I think he is lying and making it up 100%. I watch those interviews and I just don't believe him. And when Landis was on USPS it was during Lance's 4th and 5th victories and the cloud of suspicion surrounding Lance and doping was already swirling Lance isn't a stupid man I highly doubt he would be injecting himself in front of everyone or if he did and someone inquired what it was he would of given the standard B12 shot response.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts