Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Michael Barry the new Tyler Hamilton when it comes to crashing? I was reading the RVV report this morning, and he crashed and was taken to the hospital, poor guy. But it does seem like he has a hard time keeping it upright in races. Maybe Dede can teach him some bike handling skills.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
magnolialover said:
Is Michael Barry the new Tyler Hamilton when it comes to crashing? I was reading the RVV report this morning, and he crashed and was taken to the hospital, poor guy. But it does seem like he has a hard time keeping it upright in races. Maybe Dede can teach him some bike handling skills.

Hammond went down hard on his knee also. I hope he'll be ok for PR.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
from what i heard, he'll be lucky to be OK for the rest of the season

rocco said:
Hammond went down hard on his knee also. I hope he'll be ok for PR.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
i missed it, but a friend sent a text message telling me this about hammond's crash: "knee split open and bent the wrong way. screaming with pain"

rocco said:
He broke it?

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
botto said:
i missed it, but a friend sent a text message telling me this about hammond's crash: "knee split open and bent the wrong way. screaming with pain"
As in compound facture?

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
like i wrote, a friend sent me a text message. i used " " to signify what he told me. apart from that, i don't know anything more than you do.

rocco said:
As in compound facture?

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
botto said:
like i wrote, a friend sent me a text message. i used " " to signify what he told me. apart from that, i don't know anything more than you do.
I appreciate the info., thanks. I hope it's not a compound fracture but even if it's not that sure sucks for Hammond.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Probably not a compound fracture, but he'll have been lucky not have split his patella. It was on the road between Oudenaard and Kluisbergen, looked like a strong cross wind was pushing everyone into the gutter - that section of road has cobbles along the verge and looks like Roger landed on them knee first - you could hear his cries of pain on the TV coverage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
magnolialover said:
Michael (and Dede) could probably use a little support right now. Latest from Michael's website:
4.02.06: Michael sustained 3 broken vertebrae and a concusion in a crash at the Tour of Flanders. More information when available.
Take a minute to wish the guy well:
http://www.michaelbarry.ca/

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
dammit

every year they lose Hammond in a crash. sounds bad, so does Barry's 3 vert. ouch.both probably done for the year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts