Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my frame cracked?

Was tightening quick release and heard something so decided to look into it. Y'all think its cracked? Its a carbon specialized frAme

·
Banned
398 Posts
The paints cracked. Can't be certain by the photos alone as to deeper damage, but a carbon frame on a cheap trainer mount is a recipe for trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The paints cracked. Can't be certain by the photos alone as to deeper damage, but a carbon frame on a cheap trainer mount is a recipe for trouble.
Just to be clear, I was just tightening the QR on the bike while it was off the trainer. What are the odds of that cracking a carbon frame?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Thought your photos were showing it attached to a trainer? Indeed, chainstay looks to be cracked straight through, top and bottom. is that how you see it?

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
The pictures don't show enough detail for me to offer an opinion either way.
Put some matching model paint or fingernail polish over the suspected crack. The the paint cracks just like the original, then you have a problem. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought your photos were showing it attached to a trainer? Indeed, chainstay looks to be cracked straight through, top and bottom. is that how you see it?

I was actually referring to this part😅

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,587 Posts
Reactions: Mwadie

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
He thought a black strip was a crack? ...and there was an identical one on the other side? 😆😆

1 - 13 of 13 Posts