Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
PayPal is always safer for the buyer then the seller. The buyer can always file a dispute even like three months after the transaction and the seller has no recourse. In fact I hate accepting money through PayPal. Been burned before that way.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
And have the money in your account before handing over the goods.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
PayPal is always safer for the buyer then the seller. The buyer can always file a dispute even like three months after the transaction and the seller has no recourse. In fact I hate accepting money through PayPal. Been burned before that way.
you can dispute a gift ???

·
Registered
398 Posts
Let's put it this way PayPal is looking for any opportunity that they can to hold money out of your account. I don't know if it's possible to dispute a gift but I can tell you from personal experience that PayPal will screw the seller. Best case scenario you will have to pay the money back and wait months for them to do their investigation and credit you back. It's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Rob - I agree with you really.

Cash (genuine) is always good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If he says he didn't authorize it, someone got access to his account...it doesn't matter. Paypal will withdraw the funds from the recipients account until they finish investigating it which can take months.

Personally, I think it's pretty fishy that someone that is meeting you in person wants to pay with palpal.

Nope. Its a gift. Not an exchange for product or merchandise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.