Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darwinian evolution theory emphasize the survival of the fittest,the environment will keep the best gene and obsolete the worse gene.If one guy can marry with one more people,we can say this guy is belong to the better team,so this kind of people should have the right to marry with one more people,it will ensure them to born more good gene kids.Certainly,it will also make some worse gene people can’t find anyone to marry,and finally be obsoleted.So I think the rule of monogamous in fact is just protect the vulnerable communities for make the society more stable.
Do you guys agree with that?

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
ARSteven said:
Darwinian evolution theory emphasize the survival of the fittest,the environment will keep the best gene and obsolete the worse gene.If one guy can marry with one more people,we can say this guy is belong to the better team,so this kind of people should have the right to marry with one more people,it will ensure them to born more good gene kids.Certainly,it will also make some worse gene people can’t find anyone to marry,and finally be obsoleted.So I think the rule of monogamous in fact is just protect the vulnerable communities for make the society more stable.
Do you guys agree with that?
Is English your second language? No insult, but your writing is pretty much incomprehensible.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
It might be his second language.

I understood what he was saying just fine. Maybe you guys need to go read it again, a little slower this time.

I don't think marrying has much of anything to do with it. It's the secks that's the important part :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Andy69 said:
It might be his second language.

I understood what he was saying just fine. Maybe you guys need to go read it again, a little slower this time.

I don't think marrying has much of anything to do with it. It's the secks that's the important part :)
That's what I was going to say as well. Marriage is a social institution with some relation to reproduction, but reproduction is what's important in evolution.

In human history there have probably been times and places when different marriage strategies were best for optimizing reproductive success. Even within a given society there may be multiple successful strategies.

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
Hmm, this was posted exactly the same on at least 2 other websites.

:confused:

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
terry b said:
And I swear I saw some oddball url crappola in the task bar when I replied earlier.
Its gone now if it was there, that was the first thing I checked for was the hidden url trick.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Even if we were to conciensoulsly choose a mate (or mates) with excellent physical charasteristics there is more to genentics than what meets the eye. Fortunately or unfortunately modern medicine is evolving faster than what human genetics can evolve resulting in people with poor genes in a purely Darwinian sense to live to the age of reproduction through medicine. Even though modern medicine is great for individuals it's doing the human race a great disservice.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hmmm... The one thing that mucks up this wonderful theory is that humans are much more capable of killing each other. You must take into account that the women could go all Lizzie Borden on you when you least expect it. :D

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
no way this is real

Hard-to-understand first post has nothing to do with NNC, no other information about cycling...

I'm not sure what he's after, but this is some kinda spambot, I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Darwinian evolution considers having multiple wives a reward for having good genes? Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
ARSteven said:
this guy is belong to the better team,
no, no no. this guy are belong to us

/ thread not worthy of a DeezNutz reference

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Sounds like someone's looking for a scientific excuse to cheat.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Communication issues aside, I think the OP is re-stating a general consensus of science. We see polygamy today in many human societies and also in great apes and other corollary species.

In human societies, it's been blamed for some ills - mainly among the disaffected young males who get no chance at mating.

Also, I like turtles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts