Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there know if Rocket7 has gone out of business?

I've used their shoes for years now... but get a never ending ring on their phone, no email replies... assume they're victims of the economy.

If so I'm kinda screwed having clown feet and all...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I used to have a pair, but slow turnaround on a second pair forced me to find a stock brand that I could live with. The Rockets were incredible, though.

·
Banned
265 Posts
yea i noticed a few months back they had their 2009 shoes with custom insoles included for 450, good deal in my eyes, even though i have heard their workmanship is shoddy and their shoes dont last long. i was considering them.

well for over a month now their site has showed full custom shoes only, for 1500 bucks. yea right, no more stock no more anything else. just full custom.

ive heard their customer service area was always wek, but recently their site look odd.

ive dealt a bit with D2 and they seem great, top notch guys, respond to my mails withing a few hours.

is rocket 7 changing facilities?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had a notso good experience with their custom shoes. Nice shoes, but left a little to be desired in the wear category. Sad to a another company go though if this is the case. Don't get me wrong. I liked the pair that I had, but the uppers were too thin and the shoes (both) started coming apart near the seams. I mean, if you are all about lightness, go for it, but don't expect long-lasting durability either. I'm on some Shimano's now and they are great. I'm a shoe freak so I think I'm gonna get the new Lake customs next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts