Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a friend/former coworker alerted me to two positions on our internal job board. one looks like his old position. the other is for a team lead, and looks to be in my group. there is no other team lead in my group but me. i wasnt told there was an addition to head count.

ummmmmmm.

gonna talk to my corp manager tomorrow during our meeting.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
I hope everything is OK, but this does remind me of how my wife found out she was about to be pushed out, when she was reviewing the next 6 month budget, thought the salary cost was too low, & then realized it was because her salary was no longer included.:mad2:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Reminds me of a woman I worked with. Her boss (the hospital CEO) was fired. Later, she is given a list of names for a potential layoff to send out in some sort of report. Her name was on the list.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Hang tough, Ed.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
good luck. i know there were some job scares previously.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
Reminds me of a woman I worked with. Her boss (the hospital CEO) was fired. Later, she is given a list of names for a potential layoff to send out in some sort of report. Her name was on the list.
She should have crossed off the people she liked and sent it on. :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
She should have crossed off the people she liked and sent it on. :D
She found another job and left 'em hanging....

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
She found another job and left 'em hanging....
Even better...she should have added people she didn't like. :D

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Strangely enough I just got a few emails from people laid off at my company today. Guess today was one of the chopping days. I haven't heard anything myself yet, but the peons will be the last level to go.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I'm going through the exact same thing. The positions *could* be for other areas in the building, but my bosses have "interviews" scheduled in Outlook with no details.

So I'm bracing myself. My job will probably go to somebody who took the same civil service exams I did, but scored higher. Just a guess.

John's boss has apparently written a book about management, in which he says it's a good idea to cut back the workforce by 10% every couple of years or so (we can't find this book- must be self-published.) He already survived the first round of cutbacks, but is fearing the next.

All this in time for closing on the house. {{{{sigh}}}}

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like it may be someone upsatirs who has mentioned they might be leaving. will swing by her cube.

i thought about applying for it, even if it was mine. for fun.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
They'll probably let you go on a Friday.

Studies have shown that there's less chance of confrontation if we let people go before the weekend.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Jim311 said:
They'll probably let you go on a Friday.

Studies have shown that there's less chance of confrontation if we let people go before the weekend.
Just remember to give them their stapler back.

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
Dutch77 said:
Just remember to give them their stapler back.
lol. I'm admiring my red Swingline 747 right now. It took 2.5 years of *****ing, but I finally got the office to buy me one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
c_kyle said:
lol. I'm admiring my red Swingline 747 right now. It took 2.5 years of *****ing, but I finally got the office to buy me one.
Did you know Swingline started making those because of the movie? They never had a red one but somebody decided it would look better on screen, so they just painted one. After it became a cult hit Swingline started manufacturing them in that color...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Good deal, Ed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts